"Whoever pursues Godliness and unfailing love
will find life, Godliness and honor."

Proverbs 21:21

Sunday, February 6, 2011

I'm Glad We Didn't Have A Snow Day

Here in Indiana we were all waiting for the blizzard to hit around 7 pm last night. 18 inches by Wednesday. Ice and freezing rain and sleet. Yucky yucky stuff. Well it came but not nearly as bad as we had all thought it would. Needless to say those of us lazy students and or the ones who hate walking in the bitter cold at 7:50 in the morning were praying for a snow day. When I got up this morning after 6 hours of sleep I knew in my gut it didn't happened but I checked anyways. I didn't realize at that drowsy moment how happy I would be that I did make my way out of bed and into the classroom.

Myself and many other students on this campus, especially those in the Ministry and Religion department have the great privilege of being taught by Dr. Bud Bence. He is absolutely one of the coolest, funniest, wisest, and most vulnerable people I have ever met. We have a ton of awesome profs but this man has challenged me so much and I dare say more so than any other.

I will have to work on putting his lecture into a post. I can't do it justice right now. I guess the whole point was just to give a shout-out to Dr. Bence. I never thought that my life could be changed at 7:50 in the morning in a church history class, but that just proves that God works when God wants to work. He makes even the coldest winter mornings worth waking up for :)

No comments:

Post a Comment